Just in time for the winter holiday season!
A very easy 7 ingredient recipe to make a homemade, exfoliating, delicious smelling body scrub.
This will leave your skin feeling smooth, hydrated, glowing, and moisturized. You can make this for yourself or to give away as a special homemade gift for the holidays.
Every ingredient in this scrub has the best benefits for your skin care needs.
1. Turbinado sugar is a great exfoliator. It removes the dead skin cells, allowing absorption of moisture and nutrients and stimulates blood flow and rejuvenation. It dissolves slower when wet, giving your more scrubs per stroke.
2. Cinnamon is an anti-microbal super spice! It’s great for fighting acne, healing scars, and scratches, and promotes blood circulation. It will also, add a warm and fragrant smell to your scrub.
3. Sweet Almond oil is hypoallergenic, which is perfect for sensitive skin. This oil is used to treat eczema, fine lines, wrinkles, and dark circles. It is also good to clean pores and prevents moisture loss in the skin.
** Avoid if you have an allergy to almonds.**
4. Vanilla extract has anti-inflammatory properties that can cool and soothe irritated skin.
The Madagascar bourbon vanilla extract is named after the vanilla bean that is grown on the Bourbon islands. They are much more richer in flavor. The alcohol that is added to this extract is ethyl alcohol which is found in most alcoholic beverages. Don’t worry, this won’t dry out your skin if added to the recipe here. The sweet almond oil will prevent any drying.
5. Lemon/ Lemon Juice helps to even skin tone and fade scars, hyper-pigmentation, and age spots.
6. Honey is an antibacterial and a humectant. Which means is will prevent acne while drawing moisture to your skin.
7. Vitamin E Oil is a great antioxidant and natural preservative to use in your skincare products and in your food (using the food grade oil). This fights wrinkles and aids in the reversal of skin damage.
These are the right ingredients to help you pamper, exfoliate, and moisturize your skin.
Ingredients: (Druken) Vanilla Sugar Body Scrub.
1 Cup turbinado sugar. If this sugar is too rough on your skin, try using regular brown or white sugar.
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon.
3 Tbsp Sweet Almond Oil
1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract. (I used Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla).
1/4 of a lemon or 1-2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp Honey
1/2 a dropper of Vitamin E oil. (I used the food grade).
Mix these all in a bowl. **Note, use your oil in your Tbsp before using the honey. The oil will help all the honey slide right out.** Mix thoroughly and put into air tight containers.
This scrub will not spoil or disappoint. Enjoy!
Leave a comment below and let me know how your skin feels after using this scrub.